Monday, March 24, 2008

Dhimmitude Internet Censorhip: "Pushing Back - My Conversation With Network Solutions"

From: Jihadwatch - Hotair - Jawa Report.

I just spent 30-40 minutes on the phone with Network Solutions (based in PA), complaining about their removal of the fitnathemovie.com website.
Ultimately, I was only able to get as high as a woman named Shannon, the Assistant to the Executive Officer (his name is Roy Dunbar), who gave me a polite brush off, without actually answering any of my questions.

But I was making her very uncomfortable...I could actually hear her blanching over the phone!
I explained why I was contacting her (she was already aware of Fitna), and when I was done explaining my gripe (forcefully), she asked me if I had any specific questions for her.
So I asked her some specific questions, and informed her they were for an article I was writing for a popular conservative blog...where upon her voice became even gloomier:

1. "Why did you remove a website for TOS violations when there was nothing but a parking page with the text "Coming Soon", and a photo of the Quran?"
She directed my attention to the notice on the page, saying "It is what it is."

2. "Why is an American based company willing to practice preemptive censorship, when there has not yet been any violation?"
Again, she had no answer.

3. "Is it Network Solutions' common practice to remove websites on the day prior to their launch, after months of work have gone into promoting those websites?"
She said she was not aware of such a practice, but she could forward my question upward.

4. I informed her I was in the process of building a new, massive website (true), and that I had planned to host with Network Solutions prior to this debacle (not true).
I asked her why American companies should give Network Solutions their business, when her company has demonstrated their willingness to ruin their customers' livelihoods for the sake of political correctness, and their own bottom line?
She just sort of sputtered, told me she understood my point, and assured me she'd look into it.

5. I asked her why an American based hosting company is more concerned about disgruntled Muslims than protecting free speech on the Internet?
Dead silence.

6. I asked her for contact information for her boss, Roy Dunbar (CEO of Network Solutions), as she was unable to provide me with answers to my questions, and she declined, stating she could not allow every complaint to go directly to him, because he was a busy man.

I informed her I too am a busy man, and that I had just wasted more than a half hour of my time, being shuffled from person to person, trying to get answers she was ultimately unwilling or unable to provide.

I informed her I knew she was not personally responsible for this debacle (I had been pretty tough on her), and I apologized for what I was going to have to do.
I explained that, unlike radical Muslims, law abiding citizens did not have the option of issuing threats or becoming violent, thus our only recourse is to become such a pain in the ass that companies such as Network Solutions find offending Muslims preferable to the time and resources wasted dealing with us.

I told her I would be posting the gist of our conversation online, at a popular site, and that she was in for a bad week. I really hope I'm right.

Network Solutions
Roy Dunbar, CEO
10 Azalea Drive
Drums, PA 18222
800-333-7680
www.networksolutions.com

You might want to write and ask or complain why Fitna has been taken down:

Jonathon L. Nevett, Vice President and Chief Policy Counsel

Network Solutions, Inc.
Phone: (703) 668-4775
E-mail: jnevett@networksolutions.com

====================================

They are not afraid of Jews or Israelis going bonkers at Network solutions - Hizbollah is also more 'political correct' and safe, after all they prone to be 'offended'.
Network solutions has hosted several Hizbollah sites like hizbollah.org - From Islam In Europe:

Hizbollah Yes - Wilders No

Read about it HERE.

Update 1

Network Solutions is a domain registrar, and it's unclear to me what is their policy regarding registering vs. hosting.

According to the Internet Haganah site, Network Solutions used to host quite a few Hizbullah sites. Some of those sites are now hosted by other US servers.

Update 2

Network Solutions registered hizbollah.org, it does not host the site.

See Network Solutions and Fitna

Extract:

Network Solutions does not host hizbollah.org. It's hosted by a Syrian company, and only registered its domain via Network Solutions. (see here). Thank you to my readers who researched and updated me.

This does not change the fact that Network Solutions decided to pull down a site that basically said nothing. I'm guessing that if Wilders would want to sue them for breach of contract etc, he would have a good chance of winning his case. America is after all very tolerant of hate spewing sites, a 'coming soon' site should be slightly better protected constitutionally.

I'm also guessing that Network Solutions didn't pull down the fitna site based on complaints from a few anti-Wilders activists. They were either faced with serious threats from Islamists, or more likely, serious threats from governmental bodies, either Dutch or American.

No comments: